Little Bitty Knitty

Sunday, March 26, 2006

So, my friend and I (the girl who first taught me how to knit, a dear, dear girl) bought yarn yesterday then sat and drank tea for a few hours. Our own little mini Stitch 'N Bitch (and believe me, there was a LOT of bitching). It was tons of fun. I needed a none-thinking project for our gossip session, so I bought some more of the SWTC Karaoke and began knitting a simple, garter stitch scarf.



So springy! So bright! So happy! I think I'll felt it when I'm done...very cute. That's what I finished in about two hours of drinking and talking, because as soon as I got home I got distracted. Also at the yarn store, I bought two balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, on sale. And I was pondering what to do with them. Hat? Scarf? Panta?










And then it hit me.











(Can you tell I was feeling artistic with my pictures?)


Yes. Ohhhh yes. Gorgeous. I'm so proud of myself. The color is beautiful (I seem to have a pink fetish). And they're incredibly useful. I'm currently wearing them 'cause my hands are just a little cold.

I finished the first one last night around 10. I started it around 3, maybe, with about an hour taken out to go pick up my boyfriend. I seamed and immediately began the next one, which I finished about a fourth of before bed. I finished it this morning. Quickest knit of my life.




















Pattern: Irish Hiking Wristwarmers
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Old Rose, Color 300602 (just a bit more than 1 skein.)
Needles: Size 8 Bamboo

1 Comments:

Blogger Beatriz said...

Tay,
These are beautiful! Great job. I like pink more than I'm willing to admit. And I might do some now that I've seen your post. Hmmm...I think I have DB in Rose.

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home