Little Bitty Knitty

Friday, February 17, 2006

So, my audition went really really well, I thought. But of course, my director being the jack ass that he is, only cast me as ensemble. (Read no further if you don't want to know how big of an ego I have sometimes): I'm talented. I may not be the greatest singer, but I can certainly act. I have been told so by many other directors, casting agents, and performers. So, explain to me, why, being equally as talented or moreso than a lot of the girls auditioning, and being a senior to boot (this will be my last show), whyyyy they all got speaking roles and I didn't? Explain that to me? Evil Director used to have principles, and ran his program like a high school program, with the purpose of teaching students and improving their talent. Now he runs it like a professional business, and as the shows get better, the attitudes and mentality of everyone involved, and the overall vibe, get worse. I'm so fucking pissed off.

And to make it worse, a girl I know (who's a year younger and while she may be a slightly better singer, she is not a better actor), got a very good role, and I was talking to her and she had the nerve to complain to me about not getting a BIGGER role. I basically said, "You have lines. You have your own fucking song. I have no desire to listen to you bitch insensitively," and I walked off.

Here ends my rant.

ANYWAY, as I always spend money to make myself feel better, I bought Stitch and Bitch Nation and the new issue of Interweave Knits yesterday. I also bought a skein of Regia sock yarn to make my friend a pouch for his pot pipe. Is that wrong? I don't smoke, but I don't really care about those who do.

I made major progress on the scarf yesterday I didn't work at it at all on Tuesday or Wednesday, but yesterday I finished the first skein and almost finished an entire new one. Picture later.

I also went to a United Way benefit show at UCSB that my boyfriend's band was playing in. They were great, and there was also a hypnotist that was so awesome.

Back to knitting to get out my frustrations. I don't want to project a diva, elitist attitude, but I really feel like not accepting this tiny bone he thinks he's throwing me. It's a waste of my time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home