Little Bitty Knitty

Monday, January 09, 2006

I like to jump on the bandwagon. It's the curse of insecurity.

I'd also like to prove to myself that I can actually stick with something for more than five days.

Thus: A knitblog.

Me likey knitting. Me likey knitblogs. Why not write my own?

I'm a relatively new knitter (only about six months on the needle). I've only recently begun to branch out from the large, rectangular, garter stitch knitting (aka scarves, afghans, and an iPod cozy). But I have a very addictive personality, and these addictions last me for a lifetime. Why, yes, I'm still obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Fine, okay, that favorite book of mine from elementary school, I still read it monthly. And, yes, there is a poster of my first true love on my wall: John Travolta.

I've currently got only 3 projects on the needle. A baby blanket in lemon/white Sirdar Snowflake Chunky Magic (for mi madre's boss), a supersoft scarf in GGH Esprit (purty pink and green stripes).......and....a panta.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51351.0

The panta is super cute. The panta is super awesome. My panta? Is kicking my ass.

This is my first attempt at purling, increasing, decreasing. Pretty much my first attempt at actual knitting outside of garterstitch square.

I've started over three times. And it's riddled with flaws. As a perfectionist, this stupid panta is driving me batty. Why is it curling? Why did I split the yarn? WHY DO I SUCK?

I'll finish it, I will. And then I will burn it and knit a better one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home