Little Bitty Knitty

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The camera cord has appeared! (Sometimes it is really frustrating to be a messy person. I'm such a contradiction. I am an anal-retentive obsessive slob. Huh. Freud would love me.)

So, picture day! Kind of like elementary school, where you all bring in photos for show and tell. I volunteered at a homework center for first and second graders today, at the same time I feel really old, "KIDS! Stop throwing the eraser!" and really really young. (Again, I should be studied.)




The panta in all its purpley glory.









The panta-in-progress for my friend Z (the cause of the busted needle).











The yarn accumulated in the past few days.






Almost all of it is bargain bin finds! In the middle is the yummy rust colored Debbie Bliss merino aran I bought today (50% off). And one more ball of the empire, unfortunately not in the same color. I also got another pair of size 5s, and US8 16' circulars.

And Bentry:




In other, non photographic news, after reading all through Yarn Harlot's blog, and finding out that her brilliant idea led to over $100,000 being donated to MSF, I had to contribute. I hope my small donation will help someone, somewhere, in someway.

UFOs:

Baby Blanket (Must be done by February, 6th, when mi madre's boss returns to work from maternity leave. Hah.)
Fuzzy Wuzzy Mint and Rose Scarf (Must be done by Valentine's Day, for a theoretical date with the boy.)
Green panta (Should be probably done by Monday, the second one is going much much faster, and I would like to get it to Z soon.)

Planned Projects:
Irish Hiking Scarf (and possibly arm warmers) for the Knitting Olympics! (I have 3 skeins from one store, 1 from another. Maybe I should by one more skein at each place and make the armwarmers and scarf out of yarn from seperate stores, just in case they aren't the same dye lot.)
Another panta for J in my Latin class, who complimented me on mine and offered to pay.
Coronet hat from Knitty (I've got the yarn, I bought the circulars...eek. I fear the round.)
Clapotis for my mom for Mother's Day (Yes, it's not lace, and the entire world has probably knitted Clapotis for their mom, but I think it's cute and it'll be a challenge.)
Socks for my Dad's 51st birthday. (In June. I plan ahead.)

Well I'm off to rehearsal. We might block my death scene tonight. Awesome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Zen Wizard said...

Looks like it is coming along nicely.

And that is a cute cat!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ooh pretty!!!!!! (and i like your cat! lol)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home